Jan 3, 2012

Losing brain cells by the minute

Supposedly only stupid people get bored – at least that’s what I’ve heard. Honestly I tend to think that only stupid people say stuff like that. I don’t think I’m bored because I’m stupid, but right now one might argue that I am actually getting more stupid as the boredom endures. Either way, today has been a complete waste of a day. I’m bored out of my mind. The rain has been pouring down and the wind blowing a storm, so even though I had big plans about getting out for some air, and some well needed grocery-shopping I just couldn’t muster up the energy to. The high point has been a new episode of How I Met Your Mother – seriously, there is something wrong with my life when that’s a high point!

I knew I should have just ignored my common sense and bought a trip to the south. I’ve never had common sense when it comes to economy, that’s why I’ve had the mature and sensible goal of becoming more responsible with my money for a couple of years now. It’s been a slow process and I’m still far from a responsible adult in that particular part of my life, but as I can see now, I’ve actually made some progress. It’s just a shame that it strikes at this extraordinarily boring time when a bit of spontaneity and sun would be an absolute lifesaver!

storm ved thyborøn

So, what can you do instead of taking a sunny holiday? Read good books? Take down Christmas decoration? Visit a friend? Take long walks in the rain? Organize your closet? Go shopping for spring clothes? Go for a spa-treatment?

Mandø Ebbevej

I’ve considered them all, and some of them might just fill the rest of the week – but for now, I have no idea what to fill the hours left of this day with.

Hjertings forandring inden for 24 timer

The Italians have a saying, “Dolce far niente”, which means something like the pleasantness of doing nothing – I totally get it, in Italy I’d love to do nothing, sit in a café just looking at the people over a cup of strong coffee or stroll down an old alley licking on a gelato. But here, in this joke of a city with this nightmare of a weather it’s just damn well near impossible!

Pinned Image Pinned Image

Pictures with crappy weather from tv2.dk and the lovely Italy pictures from Pinterest.com (click on the pictures to get to the source)

No comments:

Post a Comment