Mar 15, 2012

Keep on moving, don’t stop rocking…

Something strange happened yesterday with the blog – the post I wrote and posted (I thought) yesterday morning is dated as posted today afternoon. Very weird and probably my computers way of messing with me, or the internet lagging or something…

Anyway, today I have not taken a southbound train as it says in that post, today I have taught a class at Uni. As opposed to my last time as a university lector this time was actually great. They even came up afterwards and said so themselves! It was fun and relaxed and I had my shit together – yes, I have also taken up the language of a lector as you clearly see. The only thing was that it was hard, it was mentally draining and even a bit physically exhausting. My head was pounding when I got home – probably because we finished class with the little 13 months old boy whom we examined bawling and afterwards the bus was utterly overcrowded with babbling students. Even so, I hope I can do it again next term – it was really fun and (dare I say it!?) I think I’m actually good at it!

Oh well, my happy mood was wrecked by a phone call telling me that the apartment I was hoping for isn’t available until the first of may. It wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t for the little tiny fact that I have to be out of this place by the 31th of this month – yes, in two weeks time. I was so hoping for that place… It had a rooftop terrace and everything. Now I actually have to start looking for real, and fast too. I’m not sure, but I don’t think this call helped my headache one bit.

Well, let’s see if we can’t finish off this post with something positive – FIVE more days of actual work before I’m done! Yup, that’s it, those are the magical words to make me smile even when having to face screaming children, high pitch talking Uni. girls and the risk of homelessness.

If you don’t know (or remember) where the title for this post comes from – please click on the picture above! It’s very fitting I think…

No comments:

Post a Comment