Feb 24, 2012

Drowning on dry land

Morgen

On this bright and brisk “spring-ish” windy day I bring you a picture of my near-death experience from this morning. No, it wasn’t getting up early that practically killed me (I’m just as surprised about that as you are!), but the freakishly strong wind that almost pushed me in the water! I kept having the sensation of getting my face pulled off, I found this picture of someone that might know what I’m talking about…

Pinned Image

Also I kept having insane thoughts of what actually would happen if I did fall in. How I had to keep my mouth shut and not scream as not to swallow to much water so I’d get chilled before I drowned (which gives a higher rate of survival), but how cold was the water by now anyway? It’s been getting warmer each day… How I’d be rolled in to my own ER and one of my colleagues would have to pull my wet clothes off me, and if I had underwear acceptable for closer scrutiny and who might be on duty today… Quite negative associations now that I think about it.

Have you ever read Marcel Proust's “In Search of Lost Time”? Yeah, that’s how my brain works, constant stream of consciousness, I’m still looking for the off switch.    

No comments:

Post a Comment