May 11, 2012

A month in a minute

One month down and not even close to insane. I must say, I’m just a little tiny bit proud of myself. I am however extremely annoyed with the store that has my computer – they said up to three weeks for the repair, and that was last week, and I still have no clue as to when they might return it to me.

In the meantime I’ve been missing writing and blogging – it’s weird how you get used to it, writing about your day and your thoughts. It gives a kind of outlet for all the thoughts that otherwise just get stuck in your head for days on end. It’s also a very good distraction from the rain…

Well, let’s see if I can summarise shortly the last month – work, shopping, seeing friends, work, celebrate my birthday, hours of skyping with my sister, work, planning trips that don’t result to anything and work some more. I guess that’s pretty much it. The best part is not freaking out about my birthday. I think I did for my 25th and I was afraid I would again, but I’ve been way to busy and there as been way too many other things to freak out about that turning 28 just wasn’t that big of a deal. I always get a bit sentimental around my birthday; I miss my family and having someone that goes out of his way to make it a nice day. Sometimes I get that panicked feeling of time running out or having missed so much in my life that I can’t get back again, but this year wasn’t that bad. I know I keep underestimating my friends and I know I shouldn’t and that it probably even is a bit insulting to them – but I was so utterly surprised when they decided to come over for dinner on a regular Tuesday to celebrate me. I didn’t want to do anything because I know people are busy and I don’t want my birthday to be an extra stress factor, but they wanted to come and I guess that makes them wonderful friends and me an ungrateful “don’t-know-what-you-have”- bitch, but what else is new?

Anyway, we had a wonderful evening with girl-talk and some wine and I felt like a young girl of 25. I can’t even believe I once freaked out about turning 25 – what a stupid little girl I was, luckily now I’m a mature sensible woman of 28!


No comments:

Post a Comment