Jul 27, 2012

The concept of summer

I always think that summers should be spent in a certain way, and mine never seem to match. I imagine big groups of friends going swimming or staying up talking in the warm bright summer-nights – but I’m working 24 hour shifts every other day and my friends are working, traveling or taking care of babies. I guess it’s called growing up. None the less I have a tendency to yell at myself when I don’t “enjoy” the summer days as much as I should, like when I get up to late or don’t go outside for a whole day. I’m trying to stop though, cause even though that might not be the way you’re supposed to enjoy summer, it’s the way I relax and if I wasn’t being yelled at (by myself) all the time I might even actually enjoy it.

So a quick description of my last couple of weeks – 24 hour shifts at the hospital every 2nd or 3rd day, sleeping late the days I’m not working (and I’ve finally found my sleepingmask so when I say late I mean like until lunch!), breakfast/lunch in my balcony (that never got the makeover I intended it to but still works well with a chair and tiny table), walking by the fields/woods nearby, reading for hours on end, watching re-runs of How I Met Your Mother, eating brunch in the city with a great podcast in my ears and shopping dresses I have no idea when I’ll wear. If it wasn’t for the fact that I miss using my voice (for other than singing super super loud) this might just be a really great summer…

Bild 105Bild 113Bild 203 Bild 196

No comments:

Post a Comment