Jun 9, 2012

Relaxing working weekend

2012-06-08

I think I might like pink – and tea…

Today I slept late, I know, call the newspapers! I used to be able to sleep all day, I love sleeping, it’s one of my greatest skills, but lately (more exactly since I moved to this light bulb of an apartment) I can’t sleep past 6 in the morning, so right now I’m celebrating every time I sleep past 8. The celebration for sleeping to 9.30 this morning was some really great banana pancakes.

The recipe is very easy – unless you don’t have any sugar or buttermilk or enough wheat flour… But being the stubborn person that I am I made some changes and voila – banana pancakes! So here goes.

100 gram wheat flour

100 gram spelled flour

3 tablespoons muscovado sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

350 ml milk (it might be better with just 300ml)

25g melted butter

2 eggs

Half a banana

Mix the dry ingredients together and ad the wet ingredients. Don’t mix too much and don’t use an electric whisk, you can actually just use a fork – and don’t worry about the lumps, they actually make better (fluffier) pancakes. Bake on a skillet – turn when the top side is filled with small holes and looks like a sponge (hmm, there must be a better way to describe that…). A word of caution – as you’re doing several pancakes at once (I have room for two or three on my skillet), don’t try the “flip in the air” maneuver… Oh yeah! The banana goes in (cut up in small pieces of course!) just before you turn the pancakes on the skillet!

Well then, I guess that’s my contribution to your relaxing weekend. Now I need to get ready, cause some of us won’t spend the weekend lazing around in our PJ’s – oh no, some of us have to tend to sick kids and worried parents. Gosh I’m glad that’s me!    

No comments:

Post a Comment